1/2 small white or yellow onion, finely diced
1 small zucchini, chopped into matchsticks
4-5 cremini mushrooms, stems removed, finely sliced
3 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup cream
salt and black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup crumbled feta
2. In a large non-stick skillet (I use cast iron), melt butter over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for a couple of minutes until translucent. Add zucchini and mushrooms and continue to sauté, stirring frequently, until done (about five minutes).
2. Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, crack all eggs. Add salt and pepper, and whisk lightly. Drizzle in cream, continue to whisk for about 30 seconds.
3. Pour beaten eggs into pan over vegetables and cook until they just start to set (about 8-10 minutes). Add feta, distributing it evenly across the pan.
4. Remove from heat and turn of burner. Bake entire pan in the preheated oven for about five minutes, or until the frittata is golden brown and firm.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a couple of minutes, then slice and serve. Garnish with additional feta, hot sauce, or sundried tomatoes.
Serves 4. Can be refrigerated for eating later, either cold or reheated.